Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Finance Compliance and Controls department is responsible for overseeing the effective operation of the company's internal controls over financial reporting, and acts in a consultative capacity as a business partner and financial controls expert to the entire organization.
Reporting to the Director of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance, the SOX Senior Analyst position will be responsible for helping ensure the effective operation of the company's SOX supported business controls, and will act in a consultative capacity as it relates to business controls and processes with others in the company.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business
• Minimum of five years of accounting or auditing including public accounting experience which includes experience performing SOX-related compliance procedures
• Certified Public Accountant or equivalent with strong US GAAP knowledge
• Certified Internal Auditor with strong US GAAP knowledge and experience
• Big 4 public accounting experience
• Experience in internal/external audits
• Strong background in internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)
• Understanding of AS5 and COSO framework
• Strong technical knowledge (i.e., internal control principles, GAAP, etc.) • Ability to assess and recommend solutions for moderate to complex processes
• Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form
• Ability to present analysis and findings in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to
department management and others
• Understands programs, policy and operations to advise business on meaning of data and results
• Ability to ask detailed, probing questions
• Possesses excellent research and issue resolution skills
• Ability to build effective relationships in several areas of the business at Team Lead and Business Process Owner level
• Ability to positively influence business owners on control solutions
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to tight deadlines
• Provide guidance and act as subject matter expert to team leads and business process owners on the identification, documentation and testing of key controls for assigned complex business processes.
• Understand both manual and automated controls as it relates to an assigned process.
• Develop annual risk assessments for assigned business processes and provide ranking of controls based on impact to financial statements. • Perform unassisted walkthroughs of medium to complex processes and identify gaps in controls.
• Assist testers in understanding methods of testing controls.
• Assist in facilitating the SOX audit work performed by the external auditors.
• Work with business process owners to ensure timely review, updates to process documentation, and controls for new and/or existing processes.
• Coordinate with assigned team leads to remedy identified exceptions and deficiencies.
• Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the company's framework for evaluating control exceptions and deficiencies to conclude on the potential impact to financial statements.
• Perform and document entity level controls testing.
• Perform quality assurance testing on the proper testing of controls.
• Assist with the preparation of reports/presentations on the status of the compliance process for the disclosure committee, senior management and Audit Committee.
• Train new or existing process owners on the internal control compliance process, including performing self-assessments.