The ABB Global Business Services - Information Systems organization (GBS IS) is a unique unit working on infrastructure services and software development which supports business processes of ABB across the world. Everyday a team of talented developers, infrastructure experts, project managers, service managers and other specialists works on advanced IT solutions which improve efficiency of our company. ABB is currently developing the IS Application Development and Maintenance Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB Global Business Services Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. We are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS Vendor Manager.
Drives the strategic and operational management of assigned vendor(s) to ensure they deliver to required commercials, contract and service levels for externally provided IS services as part of a global team of vendor managers.
As a Global IS Vendor Manager, you will:
• Consults on and is regarded as the authority in managing and steering vendor relationships from a business and commercial perspective, for financial, contractual and legal aspects, globally.
• Accountable for delivering consultancy advice and support to rationalize, evaluate and develop the total global vendor portfolio of acquired services, products and projects.
• Manages global partnerships with external IS suppliers on strategic and tactical level during the contract lifecycle. Liaises and coordinates with all ABB countries as required.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, reporting on, setting and meeting internal Customer Satisfaction targets for all vendors under his/her management.
• Establishes KPIs, collects, reports and evaluates service levels on a periodic basis with supplier(s), Service IS Supply Integration Managers, and IS Service Delivery & Assurance Manager in Countries.
• Tracks and reports on relevant business cases, working with vendor(s) and all necessary ABB entities to ensure targets are met.
• Initiates coordinates and manages (periodical) vendor assessments, such as benchmarks, audits, vendor ratings, etc. to ensure that delivered services correspond with agreed terms, conditions and price.
• Provides input and is a key decision maker on settlement of bonuses and/or penalties, working closely with the Global Vendor Manager.
• Approves invoices against terms and conditions. Tracks financial performance.
• Accountable for all major communications regarding the vendor relationship, status, key milestones and deliverables, disputes, issues, successes, to all levels of ABB management as appropriate and necessary to promote wide understanding of the sourcing scope
• Keeps knowledge up to date regarding sourcing/ vendor management good practice as well as developments in the sourcing marketplace.
Incident, Change or Project
• Provides input from a commercial perspective for service portfolio management and any change or project which has, or might have, a major impact on externally provided IS services. Acts as main escalation point between customer and vendor.
ABB IS Strategy
• Keeps up to date and informed about any change or planned change of the ABB IS Enterprise Architecture, ABB IS Strategy and ABB Sourcing Strategy
• Performs assigned activities in the service level management process to ensure delivery of IS Services.
• Ensures externally provided IS services adhere to relevant ABB Sourcing policies and procedures.
• Acts as key escalation point for vendor performance issues and resolves disputes, managing the dispute resolution process. All escalations originating from run organization go through Vendor Manager. Escalates to Joint Group IS Council as required.
• Participates in Tactical Service Review Meetings, End to End Service Portfolio Meeting, Contract Review Meetings, Innovation Forums, Executive Meetings, Executive Partnership Board Meeting. Chairs Joint Group IS Council Meetings.
• Interfaces and liaises with ABB IS Senior Management and key positions and business management at Group and Country level, as required.
• Member of Joint Business Reviews and Contract Review Board governance bodies.
• Degree in information management, computer systems, business engineering or similar;
• 12+ years of IS Vendor management experience;
• An excellent communication, with strong interpersonal skills;
• High cultural awareness and the ability to work effectively in a complex, multicultural and global matrix environment;
• Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
• Strong competence in spoken and written English is a must.