The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Engineering is seeking an Senior Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer in our Atlanta, GA location. This person must have at least 10 years of experience in the areas of ITS systems planning, analysis, design, configuration, implementation, and testing. Project management and business development experience desired
Tasks will typically include:
• Deployment planning, device/systems design, troubleshooting, repairing, programming and calibrating equipment and devices such as, but not limited to, integrated voice and data communications systems, fiber optic equipment, routers/switches, specialized communications software, and ITS devices including dynamic message signs, traffic cameras, and traffic control equipment / signals; technology reviews and providing appropriate feedback
• Technical support; and writing reports and correspondence.
• Develop level-of-effort estimates for ITS design work.
• Develop construction cost estimates for ITS designs.
• Develop specifications for ITS design.
• Experience in design of lighting and low-voltage devices is a plus.
• Lead and participate in project meetings with clients, stakeholders, agencies, and design team members.
• Coordinate the use of resources to accomplish complex engineering efforts and completion of project deliverables.
• Assists in business development activities and writing technical proposals.
• 10 + years of relevant experience required
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is required.
• Professional registration in the State of GA or ability to acquire through reciprocity is required.
• Experience with traffic systems design and implementation and a good knowledge of the general principles of electronic data processing, operating system capabilities, and the operation and maintenance of ITS electronics and communications systems (wired and wireless) is desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Design-Build experience is beneficial.
• Proficiency using traffic engineering software, such as HCS, Synchro, and VISSIM is preferred.
• CADD proficiency (AutoCAD and/or Microstation) is required. Proficiency using civil design software, such as InRoads is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.