Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Business Analyst (BA) performs detailed job analysis of business process and provides an interface between traditional logistical support organizations and functional requirement definitions. A BA must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to interact at all levels in the chain of command
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment
- The ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines
- A wide range of knowledge dealing with depot operation and maintenance
A BA will assist in the development of the Logistic Support Activity (LOGSA) Enterprise Data Management Office (EDMO) guidance for initiating and realizing a program that validates data prior to migration from legacy systems, specifically the Logistics Modernization Program (LMP). Responsibilities for Army Materiel Command (AMC) data life-cycle control may include, but isn't limited to:
- Define data goals, objectives, strategies and standards for data cleansing/validation/accuracy administration
- Exercise oversight of legacy data cleansing, analysis, harmonization and staging to support the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/LMP environment
- Prioritize associated tasks
- Assist in defining the technical solutions to support identified metrics, as well as monitoring ERP/LMP data quality and availability through the use of metrics and audits
- Enforce the business processes implemented for AMC LOGSA enterprise data management and data integration
- Perform technical analysis by assessing the areas of impact of data issues from Department of Defense (DOD) to user level within the Logistics Enterprise
- Assist in maintaining and sustaining migration efforts associated with LMP and management of future requirements affecting depot-level maintenance, project tracking, quality management, shop floor execution, reporting, plant maintenance, or data quality
- Use qualitative and quantitative techniques in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the data that will be used in support of LMP
A 5 year (minimum) background with LMP and depot operations is required. Experience with Depot Ammo is preferred, but not required.
Technology: A Business Analyst technology emphasis should be to:
- Maintain skill sets in the hardware/software being used to accomplish customer tasks
- GCSS-ARMY data migration and exchange with legacy systems, and provides guidance for data life-cycle management
- Employment of centralized data management for cleansing, validation, analysis, and migration.
- Utilization of metrics to measure performance and progress
- Maintain an awareness of trends that may either positively or negatively affect the customer
- Exhibit a wide range of technical knowledge including database, application development, project management, scheduling, etc.
- Army Logistics Workshops/IPTs in support of various pre-migration activities
- Information Assurance and other DOD requirements
Leadership/Direction: A BA 2 works under the direction of management and team leads. Generally, a BA 2 will be intimately familiar with a business process and partner closely with a customer lead and the user community. A BA 2 may lead some smaller analysis efforts but generally takes direction from a more senior level.
Activities: A BA 2 will perform the same activities as a BA 1 but also be able to more rapidly obtain an in-depth knowledge of customer hardware, software products and/or business procedures and have a broader experience and knowledge base. Some additional activities a BA 2 may perform are:
- Documenting information on the quantity, condition, location, and ownership of material in use, in storage, in process, and in transit logistics planning and execution processes
- Identify and document the detail customer process requirements, hardware, software, physical, and support requirements necessary to establish the baseline for identifying functional and technical process improvements across the project
- Analyze problems and provide a written report to the customer with a recommended course of action
- Benchmark existing business processes
- Begin with a simple streamlined process, assuming no administrative, organizational or system barriers activities are initiated and develop a detailed analysis
- Design the conversion of an existing database configuration into a relational database environment; apply standard principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems of moderate or diverse scope
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field and 5 years of relevant experience with, OR 3 years relevant experience with a Masters Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field OR 9 years of total related experience. The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.