JACOBS is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our Accounting department at our operational headquarters in Reston, VA. The successful candidate will supervise the Accounts Payable activities .
- Supervise AP Department. Maintain consistency of adherence to accounts payable policies and goals, establish and communicate standard operating procedures for accounts payable team to follow, monitor and analyze specific accounts payable operations, such as: invoice research, vendor statement, problem documentation and standardization of input.
- Supervise two A/P Specialists and the entire A/P process and reports directly to the Accounting Manager
- Provide input and ideas to improve processes and functions and to maximize effectiveness.
- Manage the check runs; analyzing and verifying outstanding invoices to ensure proper payment and adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Ensure that all financial deadlines regarding accounts payable are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
- Review and supervise the employee expense reporting process.
- Develop and maintain documentation, i.e.: periodic calendars of accounts payable tasks, desk manuals for each work area, training manuals and metrics.
- Manage Customer Vendor Relations, communicate with other departments and with vendors regarding our position on relevant issues, design/revise tools, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and head special projects, as needed.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports
- Delegate tasks across the entire A/P team and ensure expectations so that the team achieves a quality outcome, this includes determining deadlines and recognizing and adjusting based on for inequities or high achievement.
- Study issues related to future developments and make recommendations to management as well as perform expense analyses on a monthly basis.
- Must have experience with Costpoint-AP system experience
- In charge of the 1099 filing process.
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items - GR/IR experience.
- Ensure accuracy of data entry; monitor AP for duplicate invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Review invoices for proper authorization and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Match invoices to checks, process weekly check runs and obtain authorized signatures on checks accordingly
- Keep filing up to date; maintain AP documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Support processing and administration of wire transfers
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate in a dynamic and fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training in area of specialty plus ten (10) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education/experience for a total of twelve (12) years.
Demonstrate leadership ability, and good communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related area
- 7 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- 5 years of leadership experience.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department.
- Experience working with GAAP; FAR/CAS and SOX requirements.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software like Advance Excel, Words and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Equipment, Machines & Software:
Computer work required. Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel. Use of calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone, filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required.
Attendance and punctuality are essential in this highly collaborative environment. Overtime work may be required in support of customer deliverables or other priority assignments as determined by management.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be a U.S Citizen. Must possess a valid state driver's license. Must pass a Federal background investigation. Must submit to pre-employment drug testing.