CH2M have been appointed to perform Supervision services on a number of regional Infrastructure projects to include tunneling works.
The Resident Engineer (RE) will act as the primary point of contact with the contractor. The RE will oversee and document the day to day work of each of the two design-build contractors including contract administration, quality and inspection, planning and scheduling, submittals reviews, health and safety monitoring, environmental monitoring, interface coordination, monitoring of permitting and stakeholder interfaces
The RE will also work closely with other key members of the team including design, health and safety, environmental, permitting, project controls, commercial, communication and liaison.
The role requires specific experience with underground construction techniques, including TBM tunneling/shaft construction/Micro Tunneling. In your role you will be expected to provide:-
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Administration of the contract in accordance with the contract conditions and compliance with safety and environmental requirements
- Oversight of the safety of assigned staff
- Management of assigned staff and allocation of resources to meet project demands
- Performance of all duties in a manner that promotes progress of the work and represent CH2M in a professional and appropriate manner
- Manage meetings and correspondence with the contractor including minutes and action items
- Review and distribute contractor submittals and coordinate responses
- Review, negotiate and approve (subject to further approvals) monthly contractor payment requests
- Manage change issues, maintain an issues log, and prepare field instructions and variation orders as appropriate
- Monitor contractor's quality assurance and quality control teams including that of the quasi-Perform quality assurance review of all work by the contractor including review of method statements, inspection and test plans, and field inspections
- Prepare and/or lead preparation of reporting including daily, weekly, monthly and special reports
The ideal candidate will have worked in the capacity of construction manager or resident engineer for a consulting engineer or as a project manager for a contractor on large tunneling programmes involving Earth Pressure Balance (EPB) TBMs and micro-tunnel machines and will have:-
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or structural engineering preferred - mining degrees considered; Master's degree in a related field an advantage. Prefer Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional qualification/membership.
Minimum 14 years related experience in underground construction works, with particular experience in TBM tunneling, both large diameter and micro tunneling. Minimum 7 years' experience as lead Engineer on tunneling contracts.
The individual must have strong communication and people skills. Fluency in spoken and written English.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of administering Design and Build contracts using FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Articulate and can present clearly and professionally to experts in underground works and novices alike.
- Competent at writing letters and reports - can present views clearly and concisely in good written English.
- Culturally aware - used to handling a multi-cultural, multi-religious staff.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements for underground construction.
- Shaft construction, including: diaphragm wall, secant pile wall, caisson, NATM excavation
- Ground treatment methods, particularly grouting
- NATM works
- Pipe jacking and micro tunneling
Middle East experience preferred.
At CH2M, we're always hard at work laying the foundation for human progress. This is especially true in our MENAI region, where our long history of delivering major programmes. Our success in the region is due to the top talent that has joined our team, and in 2015, we were selected as one of LinkedIn's Top 50 Most InDemand Employers in MENA. This award, based on actual behavioural data of professionals as they engage with companies and explore their career path on LinkedIn, shows that our future teammates are drawn to our projects and values - not the least of which is our commitment to safety, which plays a leading role in how we engage with one another, our projects and our planet.
Join us today and learn how we turn challenges into opportunities.
Job Location CH2M, Doha
View on Google maps