Do you have experience with SAP, material/tool inventory, reporting and billing? Organization is vital in this position. Do you have a persistent attitude in your work? If so, we want to talk to you! Vestas is hiring for an office administration position for their sites.
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc., Service - US & Canada
The Service business unit is the owner for the after turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and executes all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance.
- Tracks service activity, maintains onsite records of billable work against warranties.
- Reviews timesheets and transmits them to corporate office for payroll purposes.
- Enters data from service reports and tracks for accounting purposes.
- Types letters and creates spreadsheets.
- Oversees onsite inventory storage. Tracks inventory use, and maintains consumption reports.
- Forecasts inventory needs for the site, proactively ensures necessary parts are available for maintenance and repairs. Orders office supplies.
- Serves as liaison with corporate office regarding employee issues; directs employees to the appropriate corporate resources.
- Travels 50% and may work overtime, including weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years general office, inventory and/or warehouse experience.
- Familiarity with general bookkeeping.
- Familiarity with inventory administration.
- Strong computer, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. MS Office strongly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and use a forklift.
- SAP, Maximo, or similar systems would be preferred
- Creative and problem-solving skills / know how to survive in a remote location environment
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in the Carroll, IA area.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet