Are you passionate about pursuing a career in wind power projects in EMEA South? Join Vestas as a Technical Bid Specialist and become part of a team with an International scope. As a Technical Bid Specialist you will work in a matrix organization and interact with many different stakeholders across the Vestas organisation.
Technical Sales Management team secures that products and services offered out of the Vestas portfolio are fitting customer and markets needs from a technical perspective, providing the best business case opportunity for the customer and for Vestas. We also act as a communication link between R&D related functions and the market
In everything we do we have a commercial and customer oriented approach. MED Tech Sales team is mainly aimed to technically drive the SBU Med, including their activities in Southern Europe, Central and South America, Africa and Middle East. Technical Sales team is, within that team, responsible to secure bid requirements are understood, offer complies with requirements, risks and associated mitigations are identified and communicated appropriately to secure our products are considered best possible offer by the customer and provide a good business returns for Vestas.
Technical Sales team is currently comprised of 8 professionals sitting in 7 different locations across Europe and Central and South America. Interaction with internal ( Sales, Business Development, Service, Construction ) and external customer is of paramount importance to understand, project by project, the case drivers... If we remain doing the same, we will quite soon become not competitive in a fast changing market, so we need to strive for optimization in every single opportunity, understanding the risks we are facing and its consequences, and helping Vestas offering to pave the way for a cleaner and more sustainable world by better usage of our current and future products.
The Technical Sales Specialist role is a highly diversified role that requires solid technical skills as well as a strong commercial insight. Your main responsibilities in the job as a Technical Sales Engineer will be to ensure timely and correct responses to customer requirements, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders issued from our customers and lead technical negotiations together with Sales Managers and with customers and their representatives. You will not be alone in this - there will be a team of highly qualified experts to support you throughout the process however you will be the lead and is expected to act accordingly, so high level of assertiveness and coordination skills will be also be required.
Main Responsibilities are the following:
- Sales support: Technical support to Sales to secure Firm Order Intake
- Bid Management: Coordination of Deviations to Employer's Requirements. Preparing bid/tender response
- Value Engineering: In collaborations with Sales and other Technical Functions, lead the optimization of Vestas Technical offer (CoE optimization, Risk Analys, Advance Options)
- Negotiation, Contracting and Risk Assessment: Lead negotiation of technical contract obligations, warranties, annexes. Conduct Technical Review and Risk Assessment and secure Technical Sign Off prior contract signature
- Business Development: Technical presentations and support to Sales/Marketing in Events and Conferences. Participate in customer meetings and other stake holders (DSO and TSO, Authorities, Consultants or Financial Institutions)
- Product Management: Collect and report to R&D technical market requirements, Documentation needs, and Sales Expectations. Keep Sales updated on Product Range, Options, and roadmap.
- Your position requires strong coordination ability and act as a team player between Sales, Legal and Technology.
- Engineering background (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Aeronautics) combined with a Commercial insight/interest. Preferably you have some commercial training.
- Experience in Technical sales: You need to have a background in technical support for operations or sales of at least 1 year. Ideally 3 years.
- Experience working in wind or the energy, construction, developers, Wind, Energy, Aeronautics, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Construction sectors.
- Commercial background with strong interest in/understanding of technical aspects
- A previous international experience is a plus.
- French Speaker with an advanced English level
- Upper Intermediate level of Spanish is desirable but not a definitive must. Other languages will be considered an advantage as the candidate will work with different countries in the EMEA South and North African and ME región.
- International mobility The candidate must be willing to relocate in other Vestas office worldwide after 2-3 years based in Paris.
- High degree of flexibility
- Used to travel (about 25% of the time)
- Used to work in high "intensity" environments
- FIDIC contractual knowledge is a plus
- Team player
- Understanding how culture can impact negotiations
What we offer
You will be assigned to a number of sales projects across EMEA region, but mainly focused on Mediterranean, Africa and Middle East countries depending on the work load and priorities. You will be close to the sales function throughout the process and is seen as the main sparring partner to our sales team.
Location: Paris (France)
International Mobility. The candidate must be willing to relocate in other Vestas office worldwide after 2-3 years based in Paris.
About 50 days of travel expected per year
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.