Jacobs Engineering Group (NYSE: JEC) is an international technical professional services firm. Jacobs is a Fortune 500 company consistently rated by Engineering News Record as a top design firm (No. 2 ranking in the top 500 Design Firms in 2016, 2015 and 2014).
The Specialty Chemicals & Manufacturing (SC&M) Line of Business within Jacobs Engineering is a global network serving the manufacturing sector. Our Business Line primarily supports Pulp & Paper as well as Chemical clients. Our employees work to provide design and construction management services for world-class projects that support the needs of these industrial clients. We provide our clients with award-winning planning, engineering and architectural design, construction and program management to support their project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's projects. We perform projects in-house as well as coordinate in work-share opportunities with other Jacobs's offices either U.S. based or overseas.
Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer Intern (Summer 2017) located in our Greenville, SC office.
In this role, the Structural Engineer Intern will assist other engineers by performing standard aspects of structural engineering assignments, subsequently gaining familiarity with the technical software, programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company and department.
The Structural Engineer Intern will work on a variety of projects and/or tasks pertaining to industrial clients ranging from plant modifications to new facilities.
All work will be performed under the general supervision of a Lead Engineer and the Department Manager.
The Structural Engineer Intern will work alongside experienced engineers and designers to perform a variety of support tasks. These tasks can consist of creating computer models for structures, preparation of miscellaneous calculations, assisting with estimates by preparing material take-offs, reviewing shop drawings, preparing plans or details using CAD software, etc.
The Structural Engineer Intern will perform analysis of structures of various degrees of complexity commensurate with their experience.
The Structural Engineer Intern will prepare all tasks and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers and the Department Manager.
The Structural Engineer Intern may research code issues as they pertain to Project or Department related issues.
The Structural Engineer Intern will liaise with other internal professionals and departments to gather information for their tasks.
The Structural Engineer Intern will perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in and consistently working toward completion of a BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum overall GPA of 2.75.
- Completion of their sophomore level of credits from an above mentioned program is required.
- Completion of their junior level of credits from an above mentioned program is preferred.
- Working knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel and Mail
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCad or Microstation
- Good listening, writing and communication skills
- Basic knowledge and application of ACI, AISC, and ASCE design standards and codes
- Basic knowledge and application of the International Building Code
- Familiarity with theoretical knowledge of basic structural engineering
- Working knowledge of structural engineering computer programs is a plus
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.