Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be assigned under the supervision of an HVAC project lead engineer and possibly an HVAC project lead designer.
- Will be responsible for the design and/or coordination of vendor design for HVAC, utility, and process air systems.
- Also responsible for developing the design criteria, equipment specifications, P&IDs, calculations, and plan drawings, and will be responsible for inter-discipline and vendor coordination.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent is required
- Minimum 4 to 5 years experience in design of industrial HVAC systems is required
- Proficiency of CAD systems (MicroStation, AutoCAD, and PDS or SmartPlant 3D) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel) is required
- Travel to client's facilities as required to complete assigned tasks
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.