Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Duties include assisting in the piping engineering activities on a project under the supervision of a senior level piping designer or a piping engineer
- Engineering activities include stress analysis, construction specifications, material procurement specifications, and calculations
- Work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task
- 0-2 years of related experience required
- BS or MS in a relevant engineering discipline required
- EIT certificate required
- Experience in using MS Word, Excel and Mail
- Must have experience in the use of CAD design software, preferably AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Previous internship or co-op experience with an EPCM or A&E firm preferred
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
- Travel may be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.