Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
We have over 520 staff in multiple offices across the UK including London, Reading, Birmingham, Glasgow, York and Derby. Our clients are among the biggest in the UK Rail sector including: Network Rail, London Underground, Transport for London, Crossrail. As a result we are working on some of the biggest and most significant projects in the UK Rail industry including: East Coast Mainline, Crossrail, EGIP and Manchester Metrolink expansion.
As a result we're looking for people who have the passion and drive to be involved with major projects within the UK Rail sector.
Our UK Rail Group are looking for a Civil Engineer with a passion for both the rail industry and civil engineering to help drive our future growth.
- Design of civil engineering projects within the UK Rail sector.
- Assisting in the delivery of civil engineering projects within the rail sector.
- Working as part of a team of civil engineers on major rail projects.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver competently within agreed budget and timeframes.
- Play an active and positive role within Jacobs's project teams.
- Attending design team meetings.
- Occasional interface with external clients including Network Rail.
- Site representation.
MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering
- Experience of working in key project teams on major schemes
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designers responsibilities under CDM
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Motivated, self-starter
- Good communication skills.
- Good team builder and player.
- Ideally experience in working with Railway Standards, Eurocodes, British Standards and knowledge of guidance available from industry research bodies such as CIRIA, Concrete Council etc
- Ideally experience in the design and specifications of platforms, drainage, earthworks, underground tank structures, station building structures, foundations, structural steelwork, masonry and cladding
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities'
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.