The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. While working along side and in support of a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
- Assists in the preparation of building designs and drawings in both freehand sketch and computer assisted design software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Prepare scale drawings, models, and construction documents for building contractors.
- Prepare hand or computer illustrated graphics of projects for client meetings and/or marketing.
- Providing support to Senior level Designers, as well as Architectural/Engineering staff members as assigned.
- Required that candidates must be enrolled in at least their junior year of either a Bachelors or Masters of Architecture curriculum from an NAAB accredited Architecture Program
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills is required
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management is required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment is required
- Strong judgment and problem solving skills is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is require
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision is required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
- Previous internship experience with AutoCADD and Revit is preferred
- Previous architectural design internship experience is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs