Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then complete an internship with us, or come to us to write your thesis. Both options are open for 3-6 months, depending on your course of study and subject to approval. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to help you complete your thesis. Expand your network now, and learn about our company as you undertake a practically focused thesis or internship.
- sensors and actuators generally provide the basis for productivity and safe operation of e.g. chemical processes, electrical power generation and discrete manufacturing processes.
- Mathematical and physical investigations are key in the development of industrial sensors. Of interest is the physics of industrial measurement processes, as well as the subsequent signal processing and interpretation of data.
- Internship positions are available in the area of physical sensor simulation, e.g. in mechanics, electrodynamics, thermodynamics, and/or fluid dynamics. Moreover, system-level simulations with a higher degree of abstraction and advanced signal processing algorithms are important for our work.
- Work opportunities range from physical understanding and mathematical model-setup up to detail investigation of the resulting system properties and dynamics.
- Strong background in mathematics, theoretical physics or computational engineering (approx. bachelor level or higher)
- Interest in modeling and simulation of ordinary and partial differential equations and general dynamical systems.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated with knowledge of mathematical modeling is a plus.
- Good experience in programming (in MATLAB, C, C++ or any other language)
- First experience with one of the common educational or commercial finite-element software packages (such as Abaqus, Comsol, Ansys etc) is a plus.
- Fluency in German or English, both written and spoken