Do you have manager or lead experience and enjoy having an impact in training and development of your team? Are you customer savvy? Are you not afraid to get in there and get the job done while being safety-focused? We have a great opportunity for you to be able to shine as a leader in our supervisor position.
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc. - Service - US & Canada
The Service business unit is the owner for the after turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and executes all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance.
- Responsible for site Safety HSE program and compliance. Responsible for creating an IIF (Incident & Injury Free) team culture.
- Ensure that all company policy and customer contractual obligations are met.
- Oversee and direct the wind plant Vestas support operations scope of work.
- Implement continuous improvement efforts as directed and set by Service Leadership.
- Supervise job assignments and provide technical assistance to service technicians to resolve day to day issues, i.e. troubleshooting, documentation issues, and clarification of written procedures.
- Perform field investigations to resolve safety, operational, and technical problems.
- Supervise and perform maintenance on turbine equipment
- Collect and analyze turbine performance utilizing Vestas specific tools to provide technical assistance to applicable problems with the wind turbine. Report turbine conditions.
- Recommend revisions to work instructions as required for safety, execution, and ease of use.
- Complete reports and paperwork as required.
- Responsible for the supervision of site personnel and activities including performance management.
- May perform other duties, including those typically required of Site Planner, and Office/Inventory Coordinator.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Previous Service Technician III experience required or equivalent. Level 300 certification on assigned wind plant platform required or capable of certification within 6 months of hire date.
- ECC certification required or capable of certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Innate knowledge of turbine components and operation (Hardware, Software, Power Control, Generator Voltage and Current control)
- AS or ASEET desired.
- 1-3 years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience.
- Ability to work with demanding customers, manage expectations and drive customer satisfaction.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP workflow system.
- Experience or familiarity with spare parts/inventory processes.
- Good presentation and public speaking ability; ability to answer complex technical questions or topics/matters with preparation in a way that ensures a potentially non-technical audience can understand concepts.
- Considerable experience in structured problem-solving of technical and operational scope (e.g. 8D, 5 Why).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead an operation with a high delegation of responsibility to team members.
- Ability to work in an environment using a decentralized, team-based approach.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience with performance management responsibility, including experience effectively dealing with, and documenting, employee performance issues. Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team leader and coach to create an operation that is highly aligned, engaged and inspired.
- Intermediate computer literacy.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, multiple shifts and on-call.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders xxxxxxxmeters in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training.
- Periodic walking.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is in the Carrol, IA area.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.