Provides technical support to the Mission Planning software development contracts. Applies a high level of platform specific aircraft experience to evaluation, design and implementation of mission planning products.
Responsible for technical support to assigned Program/ Project.
- Interfaces with customer representatives at all levels to understand complex systems and end-user requirements.
- Translates complex systems or operational requirements to developers and software engineers.
- Participates in evaluation and assessment of Mission Planning products.
- Prepares and presents technical briefings to customer management and staff.
- Provides product training to staff and end-users.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals, project plans, quotations, white papers, and process improvement materials.
- Advocates for end-users, planners and aircrew throughout development
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience, or a Master's degree and 7 years of related experience, or a PhD degree and 2 years of related experience.
- Military and/or Commercial flight experience preferred.
Extensive knowledge of aircraft, weapons, mission planning and service and joint air operations.
Ability to operate flight simulators and analyze results for correctness.
Ability to perform research and translation of source aeronautical data to determine how it should be operationally flown by an aircraft platform (e.g., interpret FLIP, FAA documents, etc.).
Experience with software development or the software development lifecycle.
US. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED . Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting) Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking.
Equipment and Machines
- Personal computer (75%)
Copy machine (5%)
Laser printer (5%)
Fax machine (2%) and other office equipment including desk supplies.
- Work hours between Monday-Friday to be determined by supervisor. Position may require occasional weekend work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important.
Other Essential Functions
- Clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
Ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.