This role is available immediately as a permanent position based at offices in Darlington, with occasional visits to other offices and sites where required. It will provide the opportunity to develop the applicant's career and experience in an expanding Transmission and Distribution work sector, for a 4 year / potential 12 year Alliance for schemes in the geographical area covering the South of London, Greater London and the South East.
* The planning support will include developing schedules for tender submissions and producing weekly / monthly progress updates for design and construction schemes.
* To provide planning support for the development of substation tender schedules and submissions in collaboration with the Estimators, Design Engineers and Construction delivery team.
* Planning delivery support for Engineering, Procurement and Construction schemes, including weekly / monthly progress updates of contract schedules, critical path analysis, resource profiles, earned value reports, and schedule narratives.
* Commercial entitlement promoted and highlighted to delivery teams, including suitable planning support.
* Ensure all planning and project control activities are delivered in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler guidelines and 'Planning Best Practices'
* Depending on workload across T&D business, planning support may be required in other areas of the business (OHL, Cable and Gas asset health schemes).
Skills and Qualifications
* Higher Tech, Planning qualification coupled with a Degree or equivalent
* A Planning Engineer with initial or established planning experience, looking for the opportunity to progress their career and experience
* Be proficient in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
* Experience in the development and delivery of Substation and electrical schemes. (Desirable)
* Enthusiasm and ability to integrate into a team, with the skill to liaise and challenge the delivery team.
* Work collaboratively with the Client and other Alliance framework members for the successfully delivery of a large portfolio of schemes.
* Good written and spoken English skills
Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.