The Health and Wellbeing manager works independently to develop, implement and measure nutrition, fitness and wellness programs. Develops programs that create health awareness, motivation and provides programs to support and maintain a healthy lifestyle. This position also oversees the onsite health centers, employee assistance programs and is responsible for managing multiple fitness locations, vendors, and contracts/contractors, communicating internally at various levels and externally. The health and wellbeing manager also manages internal and external events and associated communications, and community programs
Knowledge of emerging health and wellness trends, research analysis and coordination skills, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This position also requires a high level of strategic thinking, presenting and training in order to facilitate and implement new programs that will engage and improve their health and wellbeing, and continue to build a culture of wellness in the long term.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.):
- Develop, coordinate, manage and maintain wellbeing programs that create health awareness, reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Implement, promote and measure company wellness programs including healthy menus healthy eating programs, health screenings, flu-shots, reasonable alternative programs, etc.
- Establish all policies and procedures governing NextEra Health and Wellbeing programs related to the fitness centers, health promotions, and onsite health centers
- Oversee the operations of the onsite health centers - coordinating wellness programs to ensure proper integration with corporate programs and health plan offerings
- Maintain strong partnership with benefits team on structure of health plans, aimed at ensuring plan design and programs matches health needs
- Analyze health data and research effective programs/services to prevent and better manage chronic conditions
- Promote the company's commitment toward health and employee well-being by increasing visibility to our employees, the community, and nationally, through presentations, attending professional organizations, conferences, published articles and interviews.
- Keep abreast of current national wellness and wellbeing initiatives and activities and developing a strong network of resources and contacts
- Establishes relationships with academic researchers, technology analysts and other experts to identify factors that drive behavior change
- Report on health and wellness best practices and directives that influence behavior change for long term health and wellbeing
- Select and purchase all equipment and furnishings related to the fitness centers
- Responsible for all budgets associated with the health and wellbeing programs
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in food and nutrition, health and wellness/exercise physiology, culinary nutrition or related field of study or 7 years or more relevant work experience
Master's Degree (MBA, MPH, Med, MRes, MS, MPA or a related field preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Advanced written and oral communication skills.
Ability to organize, track and manage complex processes
Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
Knowledge of research, statistical analysis and evidence-based practices
Strong presentation skills; advanced computer skills, advanced management and leadership skills, advanced problem solving skills.
Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong networking and ability to interact with a wide variety of professionals including scientists, physicians, academic researchers, high level administration, and food service and healthcare professionals.
Experience overseeing onsite health centers and fitness centers
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:7 years;