Electric Utility Engineer: Honolulu, HI
Leidos Engineering is expanding its presence in the "Aloha State" opening an office to serve the islands' growing utility markets. The Company's new Honolulu location provides employees with career growth opportunities in support of current and prospective clients. The office will support a wide variety of projects including transmission and distribution planning; engineering for utility substations, communication systems, transmission and distribution lines and power generation facilities; and utility, renewable and energy storage consulting.
Leidos is advertising for highly-motivated, customer-oriented Electrical Engineers for future work in our Honolulu, HI location. Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting project teams in the planning and design of electric utility system infrastructure. This is an entry-level position and is intended to present a broad exposure to various power industry planning and engineering services and to develop related technical skills and expertise. Successful candidates will perform project tasks under the supervision and direction of other engineers and consultants.
• Prepare permit and construction drawings, design calculations, reports, equipment and construction specifications, and studies of limited scope
• Employ standard engineering methods and practices in performing work
• Develop an understanding and comply with Leidos' quality management program
• Develop familiarity with and apply company and client standards and applicable industry codes and regulations
• Perform work efficiently, learning to monitor effort in accordance with the budget, and in accordance with deadlines
• Focus on needs of internal clients (senior engineers and project managers) while gaining an understanding of external client goals and expectationsQualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
• Engineer Intern (EI or EIT) or plan to complete the Fundamentals in Engineering exam within 6 months of hire
• 0 up to 2 years of experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Proficient in the use of standard computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity with AutoCad and/or MicroStation is a plus
• Capability to learn and utilize industry-standard engineering software programsB.S. in Electrical Engineering
LDJobs Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.