Location(s): MN - Jordan
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you're looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Journeyman Lineman to join the Xcel Energy team at our Jordan Service Center in Jordan, Minnesota!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time. Summary
As a Journeyman Lineman, you will perform all duties of the Journeyman Lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission systems. The individual filling this position must be self-motivated,work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively. Required
Qualified applicants will have a High School Diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
1. Must presently hold a Journeyman Lineman Certificate. Documentation of completion of a Journeyman Lineman program is required.
2. Must meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid Commercial Class A Drivers License.
3. Must be physically capable of performing all aspects of electric overhead and underground distribution construction, operations, and maintenance work.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to successfully work with customers on a wide range of concerns.
6. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
7. Demonstrated commitment to work safely and productively. Special Requirements:
1. Requires participation in after-hours emergency call-outs.
2. Must live within 20 miles of the service center.
3. This position is subject to D.O.T. random drug and alcohol testing program.
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered. Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview. After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made. Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy's background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued. After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Jordan || MN - Jordan || United States (US) || Operations || 0811M:Elec Ops Mankato MN || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5892
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx