Location(s): MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for. Summary
Develop and manage system lead times and inventory levels for normal day-to-day requirements and special projects. Responsible for tracking, monitoring, and reporting actual inventory needs against forecast. Analyze material performance and efficiency data as well as monitor effectiveness and accuracy. Proposes and implements corrective action for deficiencies. Utilize a demonstrated knowledge of supply chain concepts, activities and support functions, lead process improvement efforts throughout Supply Chain Operations; including identification of opportunities, data analysis, and the design and execution of repeatable processes to improve material availability and overall efficiency. Responsibilities
- Advise on appropriate system lead times and inventory levels for assigned commodities by applying analysis and industry knowledge and insight to the trends being observed.
- Participate in Category Management led RFP's, including business unit meetings and vendor interactions. Perform ad-hoc data compilation and analysis functions.
- Ensure inventory control through proactive measures including monthly review of inventory as it relates to current and future requirements. Ensure sourced material is in compliance with Xcel specifications, material test reports, OSHA and all applicable environmental regulations.
- Actively collaborates with business units, suppliers, manufacturers, Sourcing Strategists and Supply Chain Field Representatives to improve Operational performance and resolve issues and disputes of moderate scope. Influence process improvement efforts throughout Supply Chain Operations by supporting initiatives through data analysis, process flow mapping, leading pilot programs, and acting on behalf of business unit customers.
- Track, monitor, and report on forecasting and inventory planning information to identify opportunities and recommend improvements. Interface with suppliers by providing supply and demand information to ensure material availability for our customers.
- Analyze data that monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of operational performance (customer service, asset utilization, On-time & In-Full, etc) as well as controls (variances and process compliance) for service centers and storerooms. Propose and implement corrective action for deficiencies.
- Create ad-hoc reporting related to material performance, levels, status inventory analysis, supply / demand in preparation for regular internal supply chain, business unit and vendor review meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration or Supply Chain
- 2 years related experience (OR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience providing equivalent knowledge)
- Solid problem solving, organizational, teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of inventory management, accounting principles, supply chain/logistics activities, Microsoft Office Suite products, and relevant software applications including Passport, MAXIMO, Brio, and Business Objects Required
- APICS certification or equivalent preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || xxxxxxx:Energy Supply Field Logistics || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5765
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx