Do you have experience in planning schedules and database softwares? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Join Vestas as Planner and be part of a company leader in Wind energy. Department
Vestas Mediterranean (MED) is an independent Sales Business Unit (SBU) within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, covering markets in the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Northwest Africa. Vestas MED is responsible for developing these markets in terms of sales, project installation, and customer service.
With regards to Brazil, there is massive potential in the region with a rapidly growing demand in electricity, and a number of wind developers are very active in the region. In order to crystallize all the existing activity into relevant business results, this market is demanding the engaged leadership of experienced industry players. Responsibilities
Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products by performing the following duties:
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Works with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports.
- Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- Breaks down the overall yearly capacity with Master Planning down to production per week. Coordination of site project numbers and specific nacelle type with Master Planning. Furthermore, coordination of transformer demands is required.
- PI (performance indicator) "Production Stability."
- All production planning is done through our ERP-system MAPICS. The production planner is responsible for all data entry and maintenance of data in MAPICS with regard to production planning
- Close coordination with operational Buyers is required.
- The Planner has quarterly meetings with the SBU to plan the production schedule.
- Checks and updates the production according to the demand plan
- Experience of 3 years in an industrial/production environment
- Bachelor degree in Administration, Logistics, general Business or Engineering.
- English level must be medium-high
- knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Lean Master is a plus
- Six Sigma is a plus
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Applies design principles.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Meets commitments.
- Anticipation - Foresee the possible problems/risks and aply counter measures
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
What we offer
We offer an exciting job in a dynamic, international environment. You'll be working in a fast growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the wind energy sector. As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Vestas is a company that offers equal opportunities and seeks employees who want to work in a multicultural environment and are teamwork oriented.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.