Help our communities stay on the move by providing risk and safety management for transit and rail projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M’s Transit and Rail business line is searching for a Transit and Rail System Safety Manager. This position will lead transit safety work in the Southeast US with a focus on current clients and pursuits, such as in Atlanta and Charlotte. Position requires a senior project manager type with senior level relationships at key transit accounts in the southeast and in the transit safety community. The ideal candidate should have experience in transit safety as both a consultant and in a management position at a transit agency.
This person's professional networking circle will help to grow CH2M's transit safety practice in the southeast region and will provide support to existing clients. The candidate will build additional depth in transit safety in advance of pending federal safety requirements and bring a network to CH2M based on participation in national level safety committees. This individual will also help to generally increase the awareness of the CH2M brand in the market through outreach to industry and trade groups including APTA, COMTO, TRACS, etc.
Various tasks, responsibilities and contributions:
- Support Southeast Region in managing and ensuring Regulatory Compliance, while developing strategies and reports aimed at validating, maintaining and improving transit safety
- Responsible for developing and conducting risk assessments, mitigation strategies and implementation plans
- Continually monitor Federal, State and Local regulations (Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), OSHA, PUC, EPA, TSA, etc) to ensure that we exceed all requirements
- Support the growth of transit business as required and other duties as assigned
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Safety
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a Safety or Risk role, preferably in the transit or rail industry
- A minimum of 5 years in a management position in safety and risk management
- Experience with local transit and rail entities
- Advanced technical or business degree
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws