We are seeking an enthusiastic wastewater modeller to join our established team in Swindon.
The Swindon office is a hub of wastewater and fluvial modelling excellence, providing input and support across other offices.
As part of the team in Swindon you’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of public and private sector clients. Examples of some of our current clients where we apply our wastewater and integrated drainage modelling for are: United Utilities, Scottish Water, Glasgow City Council, Gloucestershire County Council. The key areas of responsibility associated with this role would be:
- Preparing data and specifications for survey work, and evaluating outputs from flow or asset surveys.
- Conducting model build and verification.
- Developing and testing outline solutions to problems/needs associated with the performance of the drainage network (e.g. flooding, pollution).
- Identifying and evaluating the hydraulic and engineering constraints and feasibility of outline solutions.
- Writing or providing input to investigation or solutions reports.
- Managing packages of work to time and budget.
- Interacting with other UK and global wastewater modelling staff.
- Meeting clients where required to discuss project findings.
Key requirements and experience include:
- Experience in using InfoWorks CS essential, with experience in InfoWorks 2D and/or ICM desirable.
- Experience in the UK water and wastewater industry.
- Familiar with application of UK best practice for drainage modelling (e.g. WaPUG code of practice).
- Experience in drainage area planning, hydraulic model build and verification, and the use of models to test solutions in drainage networks.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering / earth sciences and allied subjects, with strong mathematical and science basis.
- Member of an appropriate recognised institution, actively working towards chartership.
- Sound engineering and hydraulic aptitude and ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good communication skills and willing to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge or desire to develop skills in river modelling or river engineering (desirable).
- Knowledge or desire to develop skills in urban drainage design (desirable).
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.