Support our water clients across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
Each day, you will perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases, specifically those with an emphasis on conveyance (especially wastewater). Planning studies and construction documents (drawings and specifications) are the most common deliverables produced. The candidate will have thorough knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines, will understand how their own area integrates with and impacts other areas, and will build an understanding of business trends and industry issues and challenges.
Our Conveyance Engineers:
• Under general supervision, competently perform all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis.
• Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Provide technical guidance to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
• Have a demonstrable technical background in evaluation, design and construction of wastewater collection and discharge pipe and pump systems.
• Have a solid understanding of the engineering fundamentals related to geotechnical design and conveyance of wastewater, stormwater and water in pipe networks, pump design, hydraulics and modeling.
• Have strong communication skills specifically related to writing and presentations.
• Have experience and success working with clients.
• Manage and design conveyance and storage project elements.
• Understand, edit and coordinate project specifications and drawings.
• Support the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• Complete the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M’s Health Safety & Environment (HSE), quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
• May play a role in business development activities leading to the award of a contract. This could include client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, and oral presentations consistent with established business development processes.
• Perform sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established standards and software.
• Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and systems analysis modeling of built and natural facilities.
• Document results of evaluations and analyses in written reports.
• Participate in development of engineering studies and cost estimates.
• Participate in construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits, and design revisions/ management of change, startup and commissioning and trouble-shooting.
• Prepare engineering reports, studies, calculations, and design drawings. Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline
• 5 to10 years’ experience in a municipal engineering position
• Experience supporting medium to large conveyance projects
• Current Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Fluent in spoken and written English Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline
• Experience with municipal wastewater projects
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
• Experience in serving clients involving a wide variety of planning, consulting, and design and construction services
• Experience working closely with clients and developing work opportunities
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Developing People Through Challenging Projects.
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B, etc.) for this position
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws