Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Provides maintenance, support, analysis and problem resolution for the enterprise backup and recovery environment. Ensures the availability of Cloud and Data Protection servers systems, as well as virtual tape library infrastructure. Focuses on ensuring that zero data loss is achieved within the enterprise. Participates in the deployment of data protection infrastructure to support the requirements of client backup and recovery needs. Assists system administrators with troubleshooting data protection configuration and installation. Participates in on-going disaster recovery exercises and performance evaluation. Individual is well versed in proper communications with internal/external teams, clients, and vendor systems specialists. Provides on-call 24x7 support on a rotating basis is required. Alternate shift work may be required. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience in IT
• Proficient level computer skills: MS Office, Visio, and data base software
• Proficient level of AIX, Linux and Windows skills
• Effective oral and writing communication skills
• Familiarity with storage and FC switch concepts - LUNs, FC Ports, Zones, etc
• 2 years+ managing and maintaining EMC Avamar in an enterprise environment
• 2 years+ managing virtual tape infrastructure (EMC EDL, Data Domain, etc)
• Ability to work well individually and as a team
• Ability to work safely, professionally and with a sense of urgency Desired
• 2 years+ managing and maintaining Tivoli Storage Manager in an enterprise environment
• IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Certifications 5.5, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3
• Basic scripting: shell, Perl
• Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance, and conduct
• Minimum 2 years directly related experience in mid-tier storage, LAN/WAN infrastructure, and/or
• Skilled in SQL query for data mining of TSM server data
• Expertise in Oracle RMAN backup and recovery methodologies
• Expertise in MS SQL backup and recovery methodologies
Responsible for all aspects of the various data protection environment, including: Avamar, Tivoli Storage Manager and EMC VTL (EDL, data domain).
• Ensures quality deliverables (write quality procedures, automation and/or documentation as needed), meets project time-frames, and achieves a high-degree of customer satisfaction
• Works in a heterogeneous, server OS environment consisting of Windows, UNIX, LINUX, centralized storage, centralized backups, and fiber channel networks. Ensures disaster recovery readiness of systems across multiple data centers.
• Project Deployment & Implementation: Performs system changes and participates as directed in projects to develop and expand data protection infrastructure. Works with various departments in fulfilling data protection environment, backup and recovery needs.
• Coordinates and schedules outages and clearances
• Ability to receive and follow instruction and direction from leadership and senior members
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Manage work load with SMC Remedy incident management
• Manage and submit RFC (Request for Change)
• Follow incident management process
• Collaborate with other teams to maintain compliance with audits: support and maintenance of
TSM server instances for DR testing
• Collaborate with system admins, storage admins, etc other admins
• Collaborate with vendor support
• Fulfill rotational on-call and tech-lead duties for escalations
• Ability to adapt well to changes