Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Revenue Operations is a large scale, production oriented organization focused on delivering quality printing, mailing and payment processing services to over 8 million gas and electric customers. Utilizing leading edge technology, our organization provides a variety of traditional and non-tradition payment and statement delivery options such as: USPS, EDI, Web, Mobile App and ACH.
This position is responsible for the negotiation, execution, management and enforcement of contracts having an annual value of $31 Million in Revenue Operations budget spend. Contracts are complex, have broad scope with high corporate or functional priority and span multiple disciplines. Vendor relationship and accountability is a key function of this position and will require the incumbent to communicate on a regular basis with vendor representative. The incumbent will develop and execute a process to determine if Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are being met and if not determine the appropriate penalties under the terms of the contract and ensure assessment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
• Must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience to include at least four years' experience in vendor/contract management
• Ability to travel as needed to meet the needs of the business
• Advanced degree
• Expert on contract/vendor performance management
• Experience with contracts/vendor performance related to revenue/payments (banking, ACH, etc.) • Experience creating and managing key performance indicators that align with the goals of the organization
• Experience with process development/improvement projects, Lean Six Sigma framework preferred
• Experience identifying and mitigating potential issues before they escalate into a significant problem
• Experience fostering a collaborative atmosphere with peers, superiors and vendors during negotiations to reach an agreeable outcome
• Ability to act decisively to control discussions / meetings in a situation where opposing viewpoints and positions are present
• Following PG&E guidelines and processes, develops a request for proposal (RFP) to acquire services or equipment necessary to perform and support the mailing of 63 Million documents and processing of $18 Billion in revenue annually. Services and / or equipment requirements may include: in person payment network, pay by phone, kiosk, web payments, high speed printing equipment and associated maintenance, inserting equipment and associated maintenance, remittance processing equipment (hardware & software),related maintenance and disaster recovery.
• Works cross functionally with the Procurement organization to clarify the scope of work and provide a platform for any questions or concerns about the request document.
• Leads complex negotiations with vendors to provide services and equipment that achieve cost effectiveness and efficiencies across the Revenue Operations organization. This includes: identification of service/equipment requirements, establishing SLA's and associated penalties, performing a cost analysis to determine best fit for the organization, conducting site visits, and following up on vendor references.
• Supports Payment and Revenue Governance committee by identifying potential risks and working jointly to develop a risk mitigation plan
• Initiates, documents and gains approval for addendums to existing contract such as: extension of contract date, pricing increases, hours of support etc.
• Ensures purchase orders (PO's) are correctly executed in order to avoid budget discrepancies/variances which adversely impact the cost per payment and cost per bill metrics.
• Reconciles vendor invoice to ensure accurate payment for services provided. • Conducts analysis of vendor performance to ensure adherence to contracted service level agreements. Identifies areas of non-compliance and works with the vendor to either eliminate or greatly reduce potential issues moving forward. Assess penalties in accordance with contracted terms and conditions.
• Establishes scope of authority, creates clear lines of communication and reporting and specific individuals who will interact directly with the vendor.
• Reviews and responds to Internal audit reviews and third-party security reviews associated with all vendors.
• Acts as a single point of contact for all Revenue Operations contract related issues.