Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E IT is a unified organization composed of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions. The Business Technology- GIS Center of Excellence (COE) department has responsibility for maintaining and operating IT applications in GIS to support Gas, Electric and other lines of business, as well as delivery of IT projects and solutions in support of their business goals and priorities.
The Principal Architect, position in GIS COE is responsible for defining the Technology roadmap for the GIS COE at PG&E. Develops and defines GIS Architectural standards for implementation at PG&E in any platform. Understands PG&E business roadmap and aligns the technology roadmap with it. Advises Project Architects in architectural decisions for every project that has GIS components at PG&E. Defines and drives standards to achieve best performance of GIS technology platform at PG&E with focus on ESRI suite of applications. Collaborates with PG&E leadership team aligning technology roadmap to IT strategy, investments, structures, and processes. Collaborates with Technology Principal and Expert programmer analysts of GIS COE. This position is responsible for liaising with PG&E IT Enterprise Architecture team for compliance with IT Enterprise standards. Responsible for liaising with Infrastructure and Operations team at PG&E for building and optimizing the right hardware and software components for GIS projects. Builds and maintains relationships with Line of Business partners.
• Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Information Technology, Geo-Informatics, Geography, GIS, computer science or other relevant field required
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in implementing any GIS platform that includes ESRI platforms.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working in ESRI technology that includes ArcGIS Server, Arc Objects, ArcGIS runtime, ArcSDE, ArcGIS portal and ArcGIS Mobile
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing geo database modeling
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing GIS architecture
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in Windows, Linux and Unix Operating system
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing Mobile GIS for a Utility workforce
• Proficiency with Geo-Analytics, Risk Modeling and Linear Asset Management
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in GIS Architecture and standards development
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in Software Development Life cycle process and quality assurance practices for developing software applications
• Experience in publishing and presenting minimum of 3 papers in GIS international conferences or forums
• Excellent planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Master's degree in Computer science, Geography, Information technology, Geo-informatics or other relevant field
• More than 12 years of experience in hands-on application development
• Deep understanding of Gas and Electric Utility business/domain knowledge
• Experience in roadshows and GIS training
• Experience in executive presentations and communications
• Experience in Agile projects
• Experience in architecting/developing GIS applications for iOS platform
• Experience of Mentoring and training GIS technology teams in a larger organization
• Responsible for development and implementation of GIS Technology roadmap
• Responsible for development of GIS Technology standards for implementing projects with one or many GIS components anywhere within PG&E
• Responsible for performance improvement of GIS applications
• Assists leaders at GIS COE in project planning, financial planning and technology training for employees
• Build, review and own IT Architecture proposed by vendor partners to GIS COE Compliance to IT standards/regulations
• Responsible for GIS IT Infrastructure recommended and deployed within PG&E
• Participate in Technology Governance committee meetings and leadership meetings
• Develops relationship across IT partners and line of business clients.
• Promotes collaborations and communications with all stakeholders.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
• Achieve results for the goals set and communicated by the leaders