Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Electric Distribution Compliance Quality Assurance (Rotational) (QA) team performs quality assurance activities for Electric Distribution Operations (EO). The Senior Electric QA Auditor leads audit teams, or works individually, to conduct project work (Controls Testing and Audits) for various EO work programs to assess regulatory compliance, evaluate process adherence and identify gaps in specifications. The Senior Auditor plans project work with input from the QA supervisor and develops entrance material to describe scope, purpose and plan. Regular communication to stakeholders and leadership is expected, along with creation of clear and concise exit presentations to describe project finding. The Senior Auditor strives to verify and document PG&E's overall effectiveness related to regulatory mandates, internal compliance standards and assists with Corrective Action Requests as needed.
Additionally, this position may work with regulatory agencies on inspections or audits and provide information to them as required.
Periodic week long (24X7) On-Call occurs up to 3 times per year in support of CPUC Electrical Incident Reporting.
Travel within the service territory is required approximately 25% with frequent overnight stays during project work and occasionally for meetings.
• AA degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of auditing or quality experience in utility, industrial or other related profession
• ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (or ability to achieve within 1 year)
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree
• Certificate, vocational, or college coursework in electrical circuits/electric theory
• ASQ Certified Quality Improvement Associate, Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Manager
• 1 year+ experience as a lead auditor
• 2 years field experience with electric, gas or communications utilities
• Working knowledge of General Orders 95, 128, 165, and 167
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
• Proficient in using SAP Work Management module
• Working knowledge of technical/professional concepts (Electric Utility and/or Quality Tools)
• Advanced knowledge of Electric Operation internal compliance requirements (Standards and Procedures - Guidance Documents)
• Guidance Document author training (internal candidates)
• Ability to perform cause analysis
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to present project results to various stakeholders including audit client, audited organization and senior management
• Ability to interact effectively with all personnel levels; including senior management (Director Level) to communicate project findings.
• Acts as a subject matter expert and applies extensive knowledge of quality concepts, principles, and practices
• Leads teams of auditors to perform Controls Testing and many audit functions of Electric Operations work groups
• Mentors other less experienced auditors and provides direction with input and guidance from QA supervisor
• Planning and prioritizing work
• Participates in the development/execution of the annual EDC-QA work plan. This includes researching audit archives, project identification, planning, information and data gathering, coordination of interview and site visit scheduling, all associated logistics, and other Control Testing and audit related activities
• Prepares project work package including interviews, checklists, sampling plan, forms, and related records
• Collects, verifies, and analyzes information relevant to project objectives and scope, reviews for understanding regulatory requirements, internal PG&E guidance documents, records, data, and other documents relevant to project scope, objectives and criteria
• Evaluates evidence relative to project criteria to identify observations and findings, including opportunities for improvement
• Communicates project progress to stakeholders and leadership as appropriate
• Develops clearly written reports describing findings, observations, and trends for stakeholder review
• Conducts entrance and exit meetings
• Presents results to various levels of management and follows-up on corrective action activities as needed
• Identifies and conducts project follow-up activities
• Performs cause analysis and identifies linkages to business objectives • 24x7 On-Call support of CPUC Electrical Incident Reporting (2-3 times per year)