Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence ("EMCOE")/SMARTworks is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). Our goal is to deliver solutions with an intuitive user experience that will improve employees' day-to-day tasks. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that will help each employee work efficiently. Establish/govern multi-year, integrated roadmap for mobility at PG&E.
We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. You will take us from conception through implementation, build our framework to create innovative and scalable solutions, and will continue to improve as our future needs evolve.
The technology team within SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled product managers, project managers, native application/platform developers, QA testers, and application/platform support resources.
Location: San Francisco
This position in the SMARTworks team will design, develop, modify, configure, and debug innovative mobility solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends on one or more mobile platforms (iOS and Hybrid frameworks) for the lines-of-business. Work with teams (including QA, product management and design) using the Scrum and Agile methodologies. Consults with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Provides support for bug fixes, patches, minor enhancements, and service requests. Unit-test for robustness, including edge cases, usability, security and general reliability.
It is required that the successful candidate be a self-starter, quick learner, think independently, have the ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders and support staff, and ensure that client satisfaction objectives are met. The successful candidate must be a safety champion and must be able to maintain and handle inventory up to 20 pounds. It is possible that approximately 10% travel may be required.
• BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• 4 years of overall IT experience.
• Experience with iOS & Xcode development . Please include portfolio of your projects / GitHub link with resume.
• Certification and/or post graduate work may be desirable.
• Proficiency with Objective-C and Swift. Strong ability with latest iOS SDKs
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
• Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Very strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Experience with Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming
• Strong initiative and enthusiasm.
• A passion for mobile technology and curiosity to learn new things
• Design/building of advanced applications for mobile platforms (iOS app/ Hybrid frameworks etc.), as well as, collaboration on design of new features. Designs and implements solutions that scale, exhibit elegant software design and ensure a great user experience
• Works with outside APIs and data sources, performs unit testing, troubleshooting/debugging apps, and participates in Agile/SCRUM meetings
• Provides leadership and creativity around innovation in service models, user interface and mobile user experience
• Work with platform team to define needs and APIs that will provide the best integrated experience
• Understands business requirements and applies them to programming and analysis. Follows and collaborates on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards
• May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with the project manager on project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies
• Independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.