Jacobs is the lead contractor providing EPCM services for the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project. This contract is worth $2.8b of surface and infrastructure works and will see us leading the way for over 6 years to deliver this project successfully and safely.
We are now looking to appoint experienced Equipment Inspectors on a permanent basis, to work in our Safety and Training team.
The Equipment Inspector is accountable for inspecting and approving equipment prior to it being mobilised to Oyu Tolgoi mine site. This role will be based in Ulaanbaatar, working Monday to Friday typically. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Knowledge and Experience includes:
• Trade qualification in a relevant field (Mechanical is preferred)
• Knowledge of cranes, forklifts, elevated work platforms, diesel generators, scissor lifts
• Knowledge of equipment inspection stands and systems of industrial construction / mining industry
• Strong knowledge of mining safety standards
• Sound English skills - both written and spoken
• Computer literacy - able to compile reports
• Strong organisational skills including the ability to set priorities and schedule inspection activities.
The successful candidate will be a Mongolian Citizen.
This is a great opportunity to work for a global organisation within a highly experienced and industry-leading EPCM team. Jacobs promotes a safe workplace and healthy work/life balance for all employees. If you are a focused, driven professional who takes pride in their work and is looking for a challenge to work within a multi-disciplinary environment on complex projects then please apply online by clicking on the link below.