Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs has a long history in the field of water resources. Our services range from the scoping and analysis of potential developments, through construction and commissioning of new resource schemes to the efficient management of established operations. The company has completed contracts in countries throughout the world, working on schemes involving water supply, hydropower, heavy industry, irrigation, fish farming and amenity use.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Water Modeller within our water and wastewater network modelling team based in Salford. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
As a Water Modeller you will be working on clean water network projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out modelling functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Clean water network modelling for Jacobs to support our project teams for clients within the UK
- Working within the modelling team to complete scopes of work to quality standards within agreed budget and time frames
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with internal and external staff
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering or geography related discipline. BTEC HND will be considered if associated with a satisfactory CPD record
- A keen interest in water network modelling, and the use of models to support wider projects, looking to progress their career in this field
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Familiar with current industry best practice
- Ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with the client, third parties and other project team members
- Experience in modelling in InfoWorks WS or SynerGEE would be an advantage but not required
Start your journey with Jacobs
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment. As well as development opportunities, we offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities...
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.