Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
The UK Nuclear & Defence business within Jacobs provide engineering design, construction, planning, support, survey, design-build, project management and/or programme management for Nuclear Industry clients. With more than fifty years of experience across the complete nuclear asset lifecycle, we support client delivery and the associated infrastructure requirements at every stage of a project.
As a Graduate Systems Engineering Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Assistance with writing technical proposals
- Planning programmes of work
- Researching and reporting on technical topics
- Production of clear and well-presented reports, specifications, and presentations
- Interfacing with customers, sub-contractors and partners
- Hold (or working toward) an accredited Bachelors level degree in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) at First or Upper Second class
- Please note that for this position candidates will be required to obtain UK Security Clearance (some limitations may apply to non UK Nationals and where individuals have not resided in the UK for all of the last 5 years)
- An interest in the Nuclear & Defence industry
- The drive and motivation to become a chartered engineer
- Clear communication style, proven team working skills and a strong customer focus
- The ability to produce well-presented reports
- A Masters level degree in a STEM subject at First or Upper Second class
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides the technical and business acumen required to advance your career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow...
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 11th NOVEMBER 2016
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.