The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Boston, MA office has a great opportunity for a Receptionist! In this role, you will create a positive first impression on behalf of the Company by serving as the first point of contact for all visitors to the office, as well as providing general administrative office support.
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Answers incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
• Presents a professional, welcoming first contact to clients, vendors, employees, etc. in person and email
• Performs general support functions for the office (e.g. scanning documents, mailings, postage, faxing, filing etc.)
• Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail and the distribution of incoming faxes
• Coordination of the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
• Responsible for maintenance of common spaces for appearance and functionality
• Responsible for making service calls, catering orders, as well as courier requests
• Monitoring office supplies and reordering with close attention to office supply budget
• Scheduling conference rooms as requested
- Accounting and data entry as needed
• Other duties as needed
• Three years of prior office experience in a fast-paced environment
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, reliable, responsible and friendly
• Possession of strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and computer skills (including Microsoft Office) required