Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We have a range of opportunities for Graduate Project Managers across the UK & Ireland. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Jacobs are looking for a Project Manager who will assist and manage the provision of technical consultancy services to clients in the Buildings sector. As Project Manager you will also contribute to the solution of technical issues arising within projects.
• Be responsible for supporting; resources that are assigned, managing the project team and for day to day liaison with teams and clients
• Assist the management/reporting requirements and the delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget
• To work with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in the
definition of a successful project.
• To meet company objectives that are not always aligned with those of clients
• To comply with all relevant Legislation, Policies and Procedures
• To work with a diverse range of specialists and engineering professionals
• To provide technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
• To support and encourage the project team members to devise technical solutions that meet the requirements of clients
• To promote, support and develop project teams to enhance project and business performance
Training and Experience:
You will hold or be working towards an Msc in Project Management, recognised by a Royal Institution. You will also possess a principle Engineering degree, ideally 2(i) or above. The ideal candidate will be a member of the Association of Project Management or other recognised registration. You will know the basic principles of Project Management, and have the ability to:
• Effectively plan, monitor and control the work of self and others taking account of the priorities of projects
• Plan, monitor and control the delivery of projects to clients
• Communicate with others and clients
• Report the commercial status of projects in accordance with company methods
• Assist project delivery to the cost, the time and the quality objectives of the company and clients
• Understand the factors affecting motivation of project team members and techniques for risk management.
• Competent in MSOffice, MS Project, Earned Value, reporting Tools
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow...
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11TH