BOE Estimator responsible for the cost/price proposals of varying complexities for Government customers. Lead the proposal pricing process, including: performing detailed review, analysis, and communication of solicitation requirements, to help ensure overall compliance; developing pricing strategies; reviewing, analyzing and compiling cost or pricing data; supporting preparation cost/business volumes. Develop flexible financial models to support cost/price proposals and management decision making, including ROMs and What-if Scenarios. Analyze and confirm that the Basis of Estimate (BOE) complies with solicitation requirements, as necessary. The BOE Estimator will review Technical Volume and support updates, and create proposal schedule, as required. The BOE Estimator will create and/or review Basis Of Estimates (BOEs) for proposal pricing; coordinate the answers of Fact-Finding questions received from proposal recipients; maintain data often used for long-term and short-term business projections and planning.
- Prepare timely, accurate, and compliant cost and business proposals in accordance with corporate and customer pricing policies and procedures, solicitation requirements and disclosure statements. Assure cost or pricing is reasonable and realistic.
- Develop the estimate and implementation plan.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Present estimates to Jacobs Program Manager and the Client as a credible expert.
- Serve as a business line expert on estimating methods and systems.
- Update, as required, common rates that are used in the business line estimates.
- Develop processes and tools that result in compliant/quality pricing models. Develop and modify, as necessary, complex pricing models to accommodate RFP and proposal requirements. Develop cost estimating processes and cost risk assessment techniques as necessary. Determine preferred estimating techniques and methods for cost proposals and analyses. Must be able to analyze technical and programmatic risk factors and incorporate these factors into cost estimates and analyses.
- Present financial analyses & participate in pricing reviews with senior management. Interface very closely with management at all levels, and with other functions, including Capture, Business Development, Operations, Contracts, Finance, and Human Resources. Assist in documenting financial assumptions.
- Support team members in preparing responses, cost assumptions and review of work. Support development of directions to subcontractors involved in proposal preparation.
- Make recommendations for streamlining processes and maximizing profits.
- Assist in providing timely responses to Customer or Government Auditor questions for various proposals and contracts.
- Positively contribute to a culture of continuous process improvement for the pricing team and proposal process.
- Prepare detailed work sheets, support and pricing rate summaries in the calculation of monthly actual pricing rates.
- Prepare all forward pricing rates with adequate BOE support.
- Provide adequate support and assist in the rate negotiations.
- Communicate with all functional areas relative to developing the rates, and including their approval commitments
- Assist in negotiations with the Government.
- Review the rates and methodology with senior management.
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field and 13 years of relevant work experience including 5-10 years plus of professional experience in the Federal Government arena, including pricing /accounting / P&L / business development for professional services. Must have thorough knowledge of Federal procurement activities, including understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Federal procurement practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Knowledge and experience with all contract types/vehicles, including IDIQ, GSA/GWAC, and RFPs, and fixed price, cost reimbursable, and cost plus requirements. Possess and display high ethical and business standards. Extensive experience developing and modeling pricing for complex proposals. Demonstrated ability to develop basis of estimates (BOE) necessary for detailed Government audits. Demonstrate ability to identify pricing levers and lead pricing solutions and cost savings exercises. Competent in all MS Office operations (MS Word, Power Point) with superior Excel skills. Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills. Experience with Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP) is highly recommended. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Regular hours will be between Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.