The primary duty location of this position is Hurlburt, FL .
Project Manager Job Description:
- IT Project Managers will support the USSOCOM SOF Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) team providing innovative solutions in information systems development, enterprise transformation, business process improvement, IT strategy and operations.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects according to strict cost, performance, and schedule agreements
- Foster charter creation, define project scope, and develop and maintain detailed planning artifacts
- Drive all aspects of stakeholder identification, requirements gathering and solution design
- Identify project team personnel requirements and estimate resource allocation in partnership with affected service area providers
- Drive engineering efforts for USSOCOM to include AFSOC, USASOC, NAVSOC and MARSOC, the Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and other units that draw services from USSOCOM networks world-wide
- Lead negotiation efforts on deliverables and timing across various stakeholders
- Maintain compliance with all information assurance (IA) policies and protocol
- Coordinate the accreditation, deployment and go-live of all products and services in unison with Release Managers
- Ensure service desk and systems administration personnel are trained and prepared for turn-over
- Partner with knowledge management and training personnel to identify and provide training and or documentation options for end-users
- Shepherd communications across all stakeholders to include the preparation and delivery of status reports, proposals and requirements documentation
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and mitigation strategies, and provide recommendations and key data to decision-makers
- Conduct after action reviews (AAR) and lessons learned analysis to identify key elements that worked well within the project and areas where it requires improvement
- Build and manage relationships with the multiple Service Area Providers
- Identify creative ways to improve efficiency by streamlining processes and systems; i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes or complete re-engineering of processes and systems
Minimum Education/Experience Requriements: Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience or a Master's degree in a related discipline and seven (7) years of progessive, relevant experience.
-Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of government and contractor individuals at all levels.
-Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
-Prior Military experience (DoD) or exposure.
-ITIL V3 and/or CobIT certification a plus.
-PMP, CAPM or Project + preferred .
Ability to obtain active security clearance with subsequent ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance required.
Essential Functions Work Environment
- Most work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements
- Some travel may be required based on client requirements
Extended periods of sitting while utilizing PC/Laptop or telephone:
- 80-95% - Sitting at desk
- 50% - PC/Laptop
- 10-20% - Telephone
- 5% - Filing
May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25lbs Equipment and Machines
General office equipment:
- Fax Machine
- Microsoft Office Suite of products to include Project and Visio
Onsite (Customer Facility) attendance required 100%
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday)
Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.