Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Researches, develops, designs machine/component system upgrades for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Responsibilities include developing moderately difficult working drawings within company and industry codes and standards, from equipment specifications and detailed drawings
- The candidate will conduct some layout work or checking under general supervision and will exhibit a complete understanding of the materials and methods normally utilized
- Uses, directly or indirectly, computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools
- May assist in the preparation of cost and material estimates, specifications, reports and studies with more senior engineers
- May assist in field verification and start-up assignments
- May provide some work direction to less senior designers
- Requires a fundamental understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of mechanical engineering
- BSME with 0-2 years experience required
- CAD skills are desired - AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills required
- Travel may be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.