Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Business Analyst will provide direct support to the AMC CIO/G-6 Enterprise Services Management Division (ESMD) in the management of software compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing for AMC. The selected candidate will facilitate AMC's needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform market research and analysis to identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services and support AMC and subordinate command' acquisition processes to obtain identified savings
- Review existing contracts and proposed requirements documents to maximize value creation and minimize costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings. The Analyst will communicate through email, individual interviews, group meetings, and presentations to end users, management, developers, and vendors to collect this information
- Collect and maintain software information in a database format to assist the AMC customer with budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and costs
- Assist in the development of reporting processes to address AMC IT management requirements for software management decision support
- Respond to requests from AMC end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information
- Support the AMC customer in developing and implementing techniques, best practices, and procedures for licensing administration in a manner that best protects AMC
- Monitor and support the enforcement of vendor guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements for AMC
- Track software product contracts from beginning to end, including procurement, development, service control, and consultants
- Compile and maintain inventories of company software and systems assets for the purpose of tracking their corresponding licenses
- Develop and present software license recommendations to AMC that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Monitor licenses for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, including follow-up checks for corrective action
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the customer's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent licensing activities and best practices
- Monitor and analyze trends in contractual agreements in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to AMC IT Staff Members on the licensing compliance best practices
- Establish and maintain communication with license owners allowing time to validate and support future licensing renewals
The Analyst must demonstrate the following:
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with software license management
- Knowledge of license terms and conditions for use for products, such as and not limited to: Microsoft Server/Database Products, Oracle products, and VMWARE products
- Superior organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills are required, as this role interacts at all levels in the chain of command
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work well under pressure and around tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment
- Working knowledge and experience with the MS Office applications suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). For example: create and use pivot tables in Excel; create and run data queries and reports in Access; create, edit, and format Word documents; and develop or modify PowerPoint presentations including text, graphics, and data tables
- ISO/IEC Foundation Certification is strongly desirable
This position requires a Bachelors Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field and 5 years of relevant experience with, OR 3 years relevant experience with a Masters Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field OR 9 years of total related experience. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.