Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Provides Quality Assurance support to ISS, GSDO, Orion and SLP program.
- Develop/establish/maintain processes and metrics that support contract and AS9100 (latest rev.) requirements.
- Reviews work documents and procurement documents to ensure proper application of inspection requirements.
- Creates, updates and validates Acceptance Data Packs.
- Applies the concepts of corrective and preventive action during the monitoring of product and process quality activities.
- Reviews engineering design documents and job instructions to detect and resolve quality issues.
- Reviews work documents to ensure proper application of inspection requirements.
- Participates in engineering design reviews.
- Define, design, and implement collection and analysis methods for metrics.
- Maintain and track to completion identified process nonconformities.
- Reviews quality processes and implements process improvements.
- Work with managers, peers, and customers to ensure the delivery of high quality products to customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school plus three (3) to five (5) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to coordinate work between multiple project disciplines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.