We are currently seeking an exceptionally motivated Mechanical Estimator to be located in the Irvine, CA office. Projects are from many construction sectors such as Federal (Civilian and Military), Aviation, Healthcare, Transportation, Education (K-12 and Higher Education), Manufacturing, Research & Development, Operations & Data Centers and Correctional Facilities. Estimate labor and material costs of production and engineering in response to Request for Proposal data submitted by prospective customers.
- • Reports to the National Manager of PMCM Estimating
• Develop construction cost estimates
• Will interpret plans & specifications from multiple design phases (conceptual through 100% Construction Documents), and generate quantity takeoffs and pricing for all Mechanical requirements
• Contribute to Risk Analyses, Value Engineering, and Constructability exercises
• Projects consist of Building Construction: Institutional, Infrastructure, Federal, Research and High Tech Facilities
• Must be flexible in order to participate in estimating efforts on Building Construction scopes from $2 MM to $250 MM in addition to other mechanical estimating requirements
• Quantify materials on assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures
• Familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of the applicable construction systems desired
• Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
• Prepares and maintains historical cost data
• Assists lead estimator with reporting functions and assembly of project deliverables
- • Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management required.
- • 5 years mechanical estimating experience within the Building Construction Industry.
- • Experience with Timberline Estimating Software and On-Screen Takeoffs required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.