Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in providing innovative solutions to resolve today's complex mining, minerals, and associated infrastructure issues. With over 2,000 employees across the Americas we offer services including EPC/CM, modularization/fabrication, commissioning and start-up/decommissioning and removal, maintenance, asset management, project planning, and project management.
- Develops to completion, engineering drawings of basic nature for specific areas of the project with supervision.
- Prepares complete engineering drawings of a basic nature for the project in conformance with the requirements of applicable codes and design criteria established by the project discipline engineers.
- Prepares complete information for design details, bills of material, etc. that can be completed by drafters.
- Checks drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
- Responsible for neatness and accuracy of own work.
- Obtains understanding of assignments, including special requirements and schedule for completion.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with Drafting and Checking Procedures and applicable client and project drafting standards.
- After verifying that all layout information is correct and current, prepares drawings from engineering design sketches. Work may include manual and CAD drafting, 3D Design, document verification/checking.
- In some instances, designers may lay out platforms, buildings, etc. from drawings on general arrangements.
- Prepares sketches for study and development purpose as required by projects.
- Coordinates with counterparts in other disciplines as needed, keeping Minor Project Leader informed.
- Verifies that information is current on design sketches and / or vendor data, and general arrangements.
- Maintains Design Team's electronic project filing system.
- Checks steel and vendor shop drawings as assigned.
- Functions within a design team with other disciplines to complete required tasks for Minor Project work.
- Produces or assists to produce CAC estimates.
- Transmits / Communicates developed project design utilizing current accepted local format. Required skills include experience with: Microsoft Office® Products; Microstation® CAD Software.
- Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Program, Standards and Procedures.
- 5-8 years' of relevant experience required
- Associate's Degree or equivalent drafting/design course work required
- Ability to produce equipment arrangement and detail drawings in a 3D environment required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.