Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Estates Manager/Surveyor within our central Manchester based Estates Management Tram. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Within the UK, our Buildings teams have worked on an unusually diverse range of award winning projects, across all market sectors including transport, infrastructure, defence, scientific, education, high-tech and specialist property. Increased workload from new projects wins mean we are continually looking to recruit the right calibre of person to get involved in our interesting and challenging projects.
Our integrated design teams are shifting the emphasis of building design for our clients from a single discipline mindset to one of fully integrated thinking; working enthusiastically and seamlessly across disciplines to deliver high value sustainable solutions.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders who appreciate the benefits of multidisciplinary working.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Estate Management or equivalent subject. To be successful in a project based environment you will have developed a clear communication style, have proven team working skills and be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus. The ability to produce well-presented reports is required.
We work with some of Jacobs' most prestigious clients offering a wide range of Estate Management services. As such, we can offer a wide range of diverse projects.
The graduate will be expected develop their skills and become proficient in the following :
- The role holder will support the Estates and Valuation team in the delivery of Estates and Valuation services to key clients on a national and local basis.
- To assist the Team Managers and valuers in the delivery of case specific tasks in particular the management of clients' property portfolios
- To assist in carrying out in a professional manner components of commercial and residential valuations in accordance with professional and corporate guidelines
- To manage caseload in a productive and cost effective manner adhering to Jacobs systems and financial regulations.
- To provide effective supervision, if required, to the roles of Technicians.
- To work as a team member carrying out a range of professional fee earning work to achieve delivery of the targets and objectives of the division and service users.
- Assist with developing the clients' estate management strategy
- Assist with the monitoring of financial targets for capital receipts and assist in the delivery of the disposal programme according to yearly targets.
- To assist in providing valuation, acquisition and disposal advice where required together with general estate management functions.
- To liaise with maintenance contractors and raise the appropriate orders for work to be carried out.
- To manage a range of properties in a cost effective manner updating the various electronic management systems.
- To carryout rent reviews, lease renewals and new lettings under supervision of a valuer.
- Assist in Preparing and submitting papers to the Lands Tribunal, County Court (or any other court of jurisdiction or arbitration) in order to present evidence on behalf of client's
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfill the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. We want you to grow...
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11TH