Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Our Transport Planning Business
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the world's transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable services for travellers, and businesses. During the past 20 years the company's transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector and government, throughout the UK and Ireland. We also have an extensive track record overseas proving services in Mainland Europe, India, the Middle East, South America the United States of America and Asia
We currently have an opportunity within our Transport Planning team in Winnersh, Reading for you to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs.
Primary Job Responsibilities
You will support a team of consultants and technicians working on a variety of transport planning projects. As a Graduate Transport Planner you will be involved in contributing to the delivery of a wide range of strategic transport projects for various high profile clients across the UK.
For this role we require candidates to have a numerate degree in a relevant subject for example Mathematics, Geography or Economics.
We will also expect:
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Strong Computer software skills
- Strong team working capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Focus on results and project delivery
- MSc in Transport Planning
- Previous work experience in transport industry
- An interest in developing Project Management skills
Start your journey with Jacobs
Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is recognised throughout industry as a benchmark of good practice and is designed to fulfil the needs of all graduates, in addition to technical development needs specific to their particular discipline.
Graduates complete a series of competencies based upon business requirements, comprising the optimum mix of blended learning which complements chartership progression and provides them with the technical and business acumen required to advance their career. Additional benefits include:
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11TH.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.