The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position would support various projects and project managers in an internal project control capacity, located in Bellevue, WA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Project Managers in new project set up. Tasks include:
• Prepare project financial setup documents
• Work with Project Manager to establish and maintain a project work breakdown structure (WBS)
Support Project Managers in project execution. Tasks include:
• Review and monitor budgets
• Perform weekly financial review; identify necessary corrections
• Initiate and process labor and AP transfers
• Establish and maintain cost tracking reports to monitor budgets against actual costs and forecasts
• Provide project manager with weekly project financial updates
• Schedule, prepare for and participate in monthly project reviews
• Enter and maintain updates and monitor info in Jacobs Project Operations Dashboard (JPOD) on a monthly basis
• Provide invoice support including review of monthly invoices and all required invoice backup; track invoice payments; monitor release of subconsultant payments per contract terms.
• Assist with change management support, including maintenance of project change log.
Support Project Managers in management of subcontracts. Tasks include:
• Prepare procurement forms for subcontract initiation
• Lead subcontractor invoice review process; obtain PM approval, track approval process and track payment coordination
• Track budget, expenditure and contract term for all subcontracts
• Track subcontractor insurance certificates
• Initiate term extensions and closures of subcontracts when appropriate
• Update and maintain various reports related to MWBE inclusion
• Other duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with project documentation and preparation of proposals and pricing profiles
• Assist with contract/subcontract compliance issues
• Coordinate with Project Managers, Operations Management, Accounting Department, Staff, and Subconsultants
• Other duties as requested
Bachelor's Degree a plus, but not required
• Understanding of accounting fundamentals and practices
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in the industry
• Computer skills (strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, working knowledge of databases, and Outlook)
• Project scheduling experience a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills (including grammar, spelling)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize work
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision
• Work expeditiously, and under time constraints
• Very organized and detail oriented
• Team player
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.