Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) Subsystem Engineer.
The Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) Subsystem Engineer will:
- Review system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, assembly procedures, test plans, procedures, hazard reports, and data of Commercial Crew Vehicle (CCV) Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) to ensure approaches are sound, hazards are identified and adequately addressed, and component/material selection is appropriate for the intended usage and/or suitable for the proposed application.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, test plans, and procedures if disparities/deficiencies are identified.
- Serve as a point of contact (POC) regarding information on CCV ECLSS systems and a POC to CCV providers when technical assistance is requested.
- Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from test data.
- Travel as required in support of technical reviews and exchanges.
- Work in a team environment and report to a more senior engineer, project lead, or project manager for technical support, task assignment, processes (training & implementation).
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or physical sciences from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or a Ph.D. degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of experience.
- Experience in the design, assembly, testing, and operation of closed-loop ECLSS systems, which may include but not be limited to cabin environment management of oxygen, carbon dioxide, pressure relief, fire detection and suppression during pre-launch, flight, and post-landing phases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, testing, and office software.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Familiar with JSC organizations, processes, and procedures.
- The ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process.
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! ( xxxxxxx ).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.