Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Candidate will be a member the TOSC GFAST software development team in support of the NASA customer's software development activities at the Kennedy Space Center, which will include but is not limited to:
BS degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, computer technology or a related engineering/science field from an ABET accredited institution plus ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Will provide technical support as part of the TOSC GFAST (Ground Flight Application Software Team) development team. Perform integration across the TOSC sub-system teams to assure continuity of the software products.
- Will be part of the team responsible for technical integration between the TOSC GFAST and the NASA customer.
- Will perform technical development of software products and processes to include schedules, methodologies, requirements, analyses and documentation, design and coding, configuration and data management, testing, processes, review and inspection data.
- This task will require development and/or evaluation of work instruction packages; the support of internal and project level reviews, working groups, vendor technical interchange meetings, peer reviews, code walkthroughs, and other project deliverables associated with the software delivery life cycle.
- Will provide regular reports to TOSC management and the NASA customer.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience with the full life cycle of software processes (design, development, and delivery) for highly critical software is required. Space Related/Man Rated software development experience is desired.
• Experience with Linux or Unix and one or more of the following: C++, JAVA, ACL, Jview, LCS, KGCS, VersionOne, GOAL, is required.
• The ideal candidate will be skilled in software testing and test analysis (regression, timing, failure, etc.) and a solid understanding of the configuration, build, and delivery authorization processes of software development/delivery.
• Proven past performance on large integrated software projects is an essential attribute for this candidate.
• Excellent technical writing skills are essential. Understanding and knowledge of current NASA software project plans, methodologies and strategy is highly desirable.
• Personnel are required to be self-motivated, team players familiar with working in a dynamic work environment.
• Previous experience with Agile or other similar software methodologies is desired.
• Must be a US Citizen Essential Functions Physical Requirements
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Equipment and Machines
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
Other Essential Functions
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.