Jacobs is the lead contractor providing EPCM services for the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project. This contract is worth $2.8b of surface and infrastructure works and will see us leading the way for over 6 years to deliver this project successfully and safely.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Environmental Coordinator on a permanent basis, to work in our Safety and Training team.
The Environmental Coordinator will conduct site environmental inspections and monitor the compliance of works contractors with site environmental standards. This role will be based onsite at Oyu Tolgoi Mine, on a FIFO (fly in, fly out) roster of 4 weeks on site, 2 weeks off.
Knowledge and Key responsibilities include:
• University education in Engineering / Environmental Science
• 3-5 years previous experience in a similar role - preferably in the mining industry
• Strong communication skills - English language - both written and spoken
• Advise project teams on environmental Mongolian legislative requirements
• Take proactive action to correct deficiencies found
• In-field assessment and inspection services
• Monitor and report on contractor environmental performance with strong emphasis on chemical management, waste management, land disturbance and prevention of soil contamination
The successful candidate will be a Mongolian Citizen.
This is a great opportunity to work for a global organisation within a highly experienced and industry-leading EPCM team. Jacobs promotes a safe workplace and healthy work/life balance for all employees. If you are a focused, driven professional who takes pride in their work and is looking for a challenge to work within a multi-disciplinary environment on complex projects then please apply online by clicking on the link below.