The Jacobs Software Engineering Center is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations. We create cutting edge software applications for military aircraft that are used by the U.S. Air Force, Marines, Army, Navy and the Coast Guard. Our software supports mission critical needs of our defense forces.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Assists in the development of requirements related documentation (such as the RTM, SRS, etc), and ensures proper process is followed.
- Assists in determining whether requirements adhere to standards, are properly traced, reviewed and placed under the appropriate level of control.
- Creates and maintains applicable Software Project Plans, Software Test Plans, Test Scripts with Test Data, Installation Guides, User's Manuals, Tutorials, Training/Lesson Plans, and On-line Help for each appropriate application. These documents will include methods of test, test directives, technical or letter reports, and any other test process documents as required in the conduct of testing.
- Performs system/software testing: Integration testing, System testing, Validation and Verification testing, and Modeling and Simulation testing, at corporate and TDY locations, to include; accomplishment of test procedures, data management, data reduction, data analysis, configuration management, hardware setup, hardware trouble shooting and repair.
- Documents system test failures using the proper Change Request procedures.
- Authors System Test Reports to capture the FQT environment, test findings, assessments, status and recommendations.
- Supports resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- In addition to software engineering activities, supports the preparation (including briefings, metrics and status reports) and attendance of technical and managerial meetings and reviews as well as any other TDY activities specified by the customer.
- Identifies and reports any project risks to the Risk Manager and/or Test Lead.
- Assists other test engineers as directed.
- Completion of employee performance appraisals and employee counselings, if assigned the responsibilities of employee supervision.
* This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 10 years of related experience, or a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 8 years of related experience, or a PhD degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 4 years of related experience.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Professional knowledge of a wide variety of test and evaluation activities. Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in software testing. Skill to apply the standard practices of software engineering.
- Assignments require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a series of related test engineering tasks.
- A working knowledge of the software, or class of software, being tested, to include experience with the existing software, previous versions, or any associated software used in conjunction with the software being tested. In some cases general experience may be required in areas not immediately associated with the software being tested; for example, aircrew member experience in manual mission planning techniques may be required in mission planning testing.
- A thorough knowledge with extended experience and training in the problem domain of the software being tested is highly desirable.
- Experience in the testing of any research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) software associated with aircraft, weapons, range instrumentation or related systems is highly desired. Employee should have testing/test methodology experience, including testing of software/hardware to include unit, integration, and system testing, and familiarity with DOD2164, DOD498, or CMMI test plans and procedures. Familiarity with specialized testing tools (i.e., BoundsChecker, Microsoft Visual Test, WinRunner, Rational Robot, etc.) is desired.
- Other experience may be required, covering all aspects of the process, software and/or hardware to be tested to include use of comparable systems (scientific, operational, financial, etc.). For example, military aviation experience (duty as a result of graduation from UPT/UNT/Flight Engineer; manual mission planning, familiarity with Technical Orders and aircraft performance charts) as well as experience in the use of automated mission planning systems may be required for mission planning testing. Software experience in the following environments-Microsoft Windows is required. Software development experience is desired.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists. Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6 am and 6 pm.
Other Essential Functions
1) Some local travel is anticipated.
2) Must communicate effectively across multiple levels
3) Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to feedback from a supervisor.
4) Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance.
5) Must pass drug testing.