Service Delivery Coordinator (SDC): Application Management Job Description:
Provide service delivery management services for the ongoing IT lifecycle operations for United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). Candidate will provide direct support to the USSOCOM Planning & Engineering Branch, providing innovative solutions in information systems development, enterprise transformation, business process improvement, IT strategy and operations for over 71,000 users worldwide.
This candidate will focus on designing, coordinating and delivering technical solutions such as but not limited to IT discovery solutions, IT monitoring solutions, and enterprise computing solutions. Candidate will demonstrate skills in IT operations with a technical focus on the server and software based technical solutions which enable enterprise IT Operations. This candidate will work with the other contractor vendors to establish best practices, set standards, identify and monitor performance metrics, assist in identifying technology solutions for improving performance and capabilities, make recommendations to consolidate and optimize applications in a complex information enterprise environment, including portal solutions, custom web applications, enterprise database applications, and enterprise off-the-shelf software solutions. The candidate will also coordinate with the IT Management Office (ITMO) and other government agencies to collect data and report on the USSOCOM computing environment health and status.
Candidate will develop, document and maintain service delivery standards, policies and procedures used by the service providers for providing and maintaining a stable IT infrastructure capable of providing IT Service delivery that meets or exceeds Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance threshold targets and requirements. The SDC is responsible for monitoring day-to-day operational service delivery performance to ensure compliance with USSOCOM requirements, policies and procedures.
- Recommends policy, governance, processes, procedures and operational requirements for the baselining and sustainment of USSOCOM's IT environment.
- Directly supports the USSOCOM Architecture and Engineering section of the Planning and Engineering Branch in the development of solutions that are operationally oriented and have measureable Service Level Agreements that can report performance and determine the quality of services provided by the contract vendor to USSOCOM.
- Assists with documenting and detailing USSOCOM Core Services, including logical and physical architecture diagrams to support core service planning and engineering of current and future efforts.
- Provides service level, performance, and problem resolution consultation to USSOCOM IT Management for the measurement and repair of services provided by designated SITEC contract/tower(s).
Monitors and reports on daily enterprise operations within the SDC's specialization. Coordinates with government IT service owners and contractor leads to collect data and report on metrics, performance indicators, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that show the effectiveness of service delivery in the operational environment.
- Works with the Strategy, Design and Transition Managers to ensure designated contract/tower requirements are well represented in the IT lifecycle.
- Recommends improvements and best practices with the designated contract/tower(s) and assists with identifying technology solutions for improving service performance and user experience.
- Is familiar with the USSOCOM Enterprise and Component Command information environments which include application servers, web servers, database servers, storage solutions, application layer load balancing, federated authentication, PKI authentication, and associated system or client software.
- Is knowledgeable of related Information Assurance activities and the hardware and software tools used to manage and protect USSOCOM networked systems.
- Assists in defining Configuration Management processes and procedures.
- Assists in building configuration baselines of USSOCOM technical services, including the monitoring thresholds and performance expectations and technical requirements to execute various aspects of the services and their underlying systems to provide better impact analysis and change management.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in a computer or systems science discipline and eight (8) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required skills include:
Has experience with the following technologies:
- Experience with the delivery of enterprise data center services to a large, mission critical infrastructure.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills - Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of government and contractor individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in enabling tools for ITIL-based technologies with a technical focus on availability of business applications, network operating systems, and routing/switching hardware.
- Candidate should also demonstrate business effectiveness skills such as establishing roadmaps for deploying tools for maintaining optimal IT service.
- Experience working with systems at multiple remote or satellite offices supported by a central office/datacenter.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to work with others to reach mutually agreed upon solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to influence consensus and agreements around solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously, self-starter.
Required Certifications: Preferred Certifications:
- Web portals
- Web applications
- Service-oriented architecture
- System design methodologies
- 508 compliance
- Messaging services
- Communities of practice
- Continuity of operations and disaster recovery
Top Secret Clearance required with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Any vendor database or web solution certifications
- ITIL V3 Foundations
Essential Functions Work Environment
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility. Some travel may be required depending requests by the customer. Physical Requirements
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone. Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Attendance
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) Other Essential Functions
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.